Sunday, July 6, 2008

Here's My Plan

Here is the plan so far, after reading some good online resources about ideal MBA application timelines:
  1. Study for the GMAT
  2. Begin researching schools (simultaneously)
  3. Take the GMAT
  4. After my first (and only?) GMAT, use my score to help narrow down my school choices
  5. Take GMAT again (if needed)
  6. Finalize my list of target MBA programs (no more than five)
  7. Identify who will write my letters of recommendation
  8. Starting working on my essays
  9. Complete and submit my applications

Easy enough, huh? With any luck, I will take the GMAT right after Labor Day, and then go from there. Still targeting round one, although we'll see how I feel after I take the exam!

As for target programs, conventional wisdom seems to say that you should apply to no more than five. I think I can get that focused (and don't want to spend the money on ten applications0, but I need to decide if I want to make one or two or those five a safety school.

Now, I just need to study for the GMAT... Knowing myself, I think this will be the hardest part of applying to business school!